Sweet scones, savoury scones gosh we absolutely love scones!
I find that scones are super easy to make, yet make a wonderful snack or a tasty breakfast! Making big batches then freezing them is always handy and quick to pull out when needed.
So who is ready to make some tasty savoury scones?
- 3 1/2 cups of self raising flour
- 60g of butter
- 1 tsp chives
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup of diced/shredded ham
- Circle cookie cutters
- Baking dish (rectangle/square)
- Place your flour and butter into a large bowl and use your fingers to manipulate the ingredients together. (To resemble bread crumbs)
- Pre heat your oven to 200 Celsius
- Grease your baking dish (rectangular or square)
- Add your salt, pepper, chives, grated cheese, and shredded ham. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Make a little well in the middle, pour in your milk and quickly mix the ingredients till it forms into dough. (Using a butter knife helps to mix the mixture easier)
- Once you ingredients have formed into a dough ball take it out and begin to knead. Roll out your dough till it’s flat about 3cm in height.
- Take your cookie cutter to make circles. Add them to your baking tray then place it in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes
TAA DAA how simple was that!! Don’t forget to enjoy your savoury scones nice and warm with a small amount of butter spread!