Getting your little ones to tie up their laces can be a little tricky, there’s a lot of fine motor skills involved including some patience.
Here is a simple way to introduce shoe lace practice or even just exploring how to lace through holes.
- Hole puncher
- cardboard show cut
- Marker (optional)
- Wrapping paper
- The first thing you need to do it stick your cardboard show cutouts to the wrapping paper and cut it out.
- After cutting out your shoe, take your marker and mark out 10 holes for the laces to thread through.
- Use your hole puncher to punch out the holes. Tip: using a single hole puncher makes it easier to manoeuvre around the shoe cut out.
- All you need to do now is thread through the laces and tie them up.
- You can get your little ones to practice threading the laces to build confidence in tying their shoe lace and work on their fine motor skills.
- Happy Playing!